Friday, March 29, 2013

One Chance

This will be my last blog post during the season of lent.  Blogging three times a week has been fun, but I'm ready to cut it back a little bit.  Just to let any readers know, although I said I'm going to blog on Fridays starting next week, I realized that I will be unable to do so.  Therefore, I will take next week off from the blogging world.  My next blog will be posted on April 12th. I hope you all don't mind too much.

I have noticed that there is a new slang term on the internet, "YOLO."  I'm relatively bad about keeping up on the most recent slang, so I had to ask around to find out what it meant.  I found that it means, "You only live once."

Many people use this simple phrase as an excuse to party, and do really crazy things.  I, on the other hand, like to thing of it with another perspective.  I'm only given one life.  I've only got one chance to prove that I belong to God.  If I don't do it right the first time, then it's over.  It's done.

Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever.
Ecclesiastes 1:4

No one remembers the former generations, and even those yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow them.
Ecclesiastes
1:11
As much as I would like to dream that someday everyone is going to remember me when I die, I know that it is not true.  In fact, I don't want my family and friends to be stuck on what I did.  I want them to go about their lives, because they only have one chance to live.
You who are young, be happy while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you into judgment.
Ecclesiastes 11:9
What is the point of it all:

Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind.
Ecclesiastes 12:13 

Thanks to Kayla for this picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment