Tuesday, March 26, 2013

'Little" Miracles

Lately I have noticed that some things in my life have been miraculous.  For example, one little thing was a cell phone.  If you don't know me, then I should probably tell you that I do not have a cell phone.  I would have to pay for one myself to have one.  My schoolwork keeps me busy enough during the school year that I do not have time for a job, so I do not have money to pay for credit for a cell phone.  As I told you on Monday, my college visit had been cancelled due to bad weather.  This means that I could reschedule it for Friday, but my parents needed me to have a cell phone so that in case something happened, I could call them.

Just as I decided that I wasn't going to be able to go to on the college visit, my friend called.  I had been taking care of her pets while she was on vacation, and she wanted to know if  her pets had been good.  She also wanted to know if I wanted to borrow her dad's cell phone, which would allow me to schedule the visit! :)

The other example that I have is a little boy named Daniel.  He was born missing the left-ventricle of his heart.  Most children that are born with this defect have to have a series of three surgeries before they can even leave the hospital.  Most of them can not walk, play, jump, and live a normal life until they have these surgeries.  Dani has been doing, and continues to do these things on a daily basis!  He is literally a living, breathing miracle.  Now, as he has gotten older and his adoptive family has begun to seek the medical attention he will need, they have done a few different tests.  In these tests they have discovered that his internal organs are not in the normal places.

The other thing you should know about Dani is he has many other heart/lung defects besides missing his left ventricle.  In the most recent test, they discovered an amazing miracle.  Dani should need to have three surgeries to be "healed."  These tests have revealed that Dani's other defects act as two of the surgeries!  He only needs one surgery!  Praise God!

I titled this little blog "Little" Miracles, but this doesn't seem so little!  Why did I call title this blog this way?  Well, God can do things that are immeasurably greater than this!  He can do things that I can't even fathom!  I think about everything that I can imagine, and God's Word tells me that He can do even more than that!  What a powerful God that we serve!

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment