Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Actions

You can listen to the song "The Twenty-First Time" by Monk and Neagle here.

In this song, the lyrics speak volumes.  Am I too busy to help people in need?  Am I too stingy to give money to the poor.  How many times have I seen someone who needs help and turned the other way?  When I see a person in need do I lend a helping hand?

Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.
Hebrews 13:2

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, 
I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited 
me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in 
prison and you came to visit me.’ “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we
 see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?  When did we 
see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?  When did we see
 you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you,
 whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine,
 you did for me.’
Matthew 25:35-40

Everything you do for others you do for Christ!  This may lead to people wanting to know why you're helping them, giving you an opportunity to witness.  Even if they do not ask you, your actions can oftentimes speak louder than just words: saying "Jesus loves you," or "I'll pray for you," will probably not have such a profound impact if they don't see Jesus' love.  Ask to pray with them.

Without actions, your words are meaningless.  People will be a lot be more willing to listen to you if you live out the gospel, THEN speak the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment