Monday, June 1, 2015

Home

This past weekend I made a trip to my parents house.  I was there to go to several people's graduation open house parties.  It was really fun to say hello to many people from my old high school and see where they are planning to head in the next year.  Some of them have plans for the rest of their life.  A lot of them ask me what I am doing for the summer and how my past year has gone.

I am not living at my parents' house for the summer, as I have found a job close to campus so I am subleasing a house on West Lafayette for the summer until my apartment lease starts for the school year.  The only problem with this is that I have two "homes" in Indiana.  This weekend I found myself saying that I was going to go home when I meant my parents' house, and when I left my parents' house I said that I was headed home.

As I thought about headed home from home on my drive, I wondered when I would feel 100% at home.  When I lived in Mexico, I felt at home, but I still missed people from my "hometown."  On my trip home, as I contemplated my predicament.  I felt as if I had so many homes that I'm homeless.

I then realized that my home is Jesus.  He is my hope and my refuge.  When I am with Him, I will be at home.

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Psalm 91:1-2

Jesus is my home.  Spending time with God and being with other Jesus-followers is the closest I will be able to come to feeling at home while I am still on the Earth.  The most amazing part about that, is that it doesn't make me homeless, it means I have a home no matter where I go.

Living in Reckless Abandonment for Jesucristo,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment