Monday, March 23, 2015

Living or Existing

Due to an inability to put my current mess of thoughts into coherent sentences and paragraphs, I am going to share a writing assignment that I wrote during my senior year of high school.  It was written in response to a prompt that asked about the difference between existing and living.

Some people go through life doing the bare minimum.  They simply drift through and manage to exist.  They breathe, but they do not care.  They simply breathe because their body does it automatically.

There are other people who live lives that are a stark contrast compared to those who simply exist.  They want to live.  They strive to do their best.  People who live want to be remembered by others even after they are gone.  People who live push themselves to surpass the standards and expectations that are impressed upon them.

The difference between living and existing is like the difference between light and dark.  The is no in between.  Where there is darkness, there is not light.  In the same way, I cannot live in some areas of my life but not others: doing my best for God at church, but not at school.  Everything I do should be for God, and it should be my very best.


Whatever you do, work at it with all your hear, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.  It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Colossians 3:23-24

Living in Reckless Abandonment for Jesucristo,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment