Sunday, August 3, 2014

What year is it?

I love the dresses that women wore i the 1950s and 1960s.  They had the best music in the 1980s.  It would be neat to see the beginning of America, to see how the culture was born and changed over time.  By far, I think one of the most fantastic time periods to observe and live in would be Jesus' life and the beginning of the Church as we know it.

I would love to have seen Jesus' in physical form, teaching, healing, and loving.  I would love to see how He interacted with his family and His disciples.  Did He joke with them? Was He quiet and observant, only speaking when absolutely necessary?  Did He always lead the conversation?  What was the town of Nazareth really like? Did they shun Him and his family?  It would be remarkable to see Him and have these questions answered.

To see the Church grow and expand after Jesus' ascension would be incredible.  There would be many new Christians with incredible faith to be my role models.  It's amazing to read what they went through and what they risked to continue serving God.

After all of this has been said, I would still choose to live in my current era with my current culture?  God chose to place me here.  As such, it is my responsibility to be a witness here and now.  

What era would you choose?  Why?

Living in Reckless Abandonment for Jesucristo, 
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment