Monday, July 13, 2015

Forgetting

A few months ago, I made a decision to make a trip to Mexico this summer.  If you want to read about that decision, click here.  When I made the decision to follow God and head to Mexico, I knew that I was going struggle to be able to pay for my week and a half trip from my own budget.  I also knew that it was God who was leading me there this summer, and that God would provide.  I knew that in my heart.

But even though I have seen him provide many times, I was still nervous.  I talked to a few people about how excited I was to do this, which I would have done even if I hadn't been worried about funds.  Now, a few days before I fly out, I am seeing God at work.  I am seeing him provide through people who love me, the church.  I am amazed and in awe about God's provision.  Despite the fact that I have seen Him provide countless times before, I am still surprised.  I am glad that I am in awe of God.  I am disappointed in myself, that I am just as forgetful as the Israelites, walking through the desert to the Promised Land.  I knew that God would somehow provide, but yet I am still surprised.

Today, I attended a church service where the Bible reference for the sermon was Psalm 23.  I was reminded of God's infallible provision and humbled in my lack of trust and my ability to forget every other time that God has provided for me and for those I care about.

After the service, I was surrounded by people who prayed for me and for safe travels in the next couple of weeks.  They also prayed that God would work through me while I am there.  I know that a lot of these same people will continue praying for me while I am there.  God is working through these people already.  These people are reminding me how mighty God is.  These people are showing me how infallible and ceaseless the grace and mercy that God gives is.  These people are showing me God's love.

It is illogical, and it is awesome.

Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live.  Teach them to your children and to their children after them.
Deuteronomy 4:9

Living in Reckless Abandonment for Jesucristo,
Jo

Sidenote:  As I cannot guarantee internet access or time to write a blog for the next two weeks, any of my adventure stories from Mexico may have to wait until I have both of those things in conjunction.

1 comment: