Monday, July 27, 2015

Serene Recklessness

The following was written throughout the day on Sunday as I had time between things:

Today I woke up early and sat on the roof as I watched the sun rise over Popocatepetl and enjoyed the cold stillness until the Zaragoza's 2 St. Bernards pushed their noses into my space, effectively getting slobber and dirt on my clothes.  Both dogs eventually settled down enough for me to finish my morning reading and then I went down to the Zaragozas' house for cereal before my friends drove me to the airport.




This past week and a half have been intense and amazing.  For me, the hardest part about mission trips to Mexico with Fishers of Men has been leaving. Even though I know that when it is God's will I will see them all again, I never know when that will be.  In this aspect, this trip is not different.  Leaving was the hardest thing that I had to do during the entire duration.

But this trip is different in that I am experiencing more peace.  Without me telling the new people working with me on this E.M.M.C. that I would be back or that doing medical missions south of the border was my call from God, they were all asking me when I was coming back.  They would tell me that they were looking forward to working with me again.  I do not understand God.  I do not know how his timing will look on this earth, but I know that it will be perfect.  I do not know why God is calling me to serve in Mexico.  There are parts of my life in the U.S. that I do not want to give up, but I know and trust that God will show me how to do so.  It may look reckless or crazy, but in my soul, I can feel God's serenity.

Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
John 1:3


Living in Reckless Abandonment for Jesucristo,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment