Monday, May 18, 2015

Servanthood

This past week I started a job at the financial aid office.  Right now, there are eight new people, and we are all in training.  In a few weeks we will be the people who answer the e-mails the flood into the financial aid office each day.  We will be able to answer phone calls of people who call with more urgent questions than the questions in the e-mail.

The only thing that we are to do is serve people.  It is so easy for me to forget that serving people needs to go beyond just my work.  I am supposed to serve people everywhere in life, not just when I am being paid to do so.

I'm supposed to serve people when I am in a hurry or when I don't feel good.  It is very easy for me to be self-absorbed and forget to take the time to listen to others and to help others.  That needs to become more of a focus for me.

Christ was a servant and I need to follow his example.

Matthew 20

Living in Reckless Abandonment for Jesucristo,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment