Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day

This past Sunday was Mother's Day.  I would just like to take a moment to acknowledge what an amazing woman my mother is.  I, being the daughter that I am, did not give her a card for Mother's Day this year, so I will write this as a late replacement for it, even though it probably isn't quite as pretty.

My mama is a great role model.  She rarely complains about everything she does.  And she does everything.  Cooks.  Cleans.  Bakes.  Laundry.  And much more.  So I would say that the little bit of complaining that comes out of her mouth is justified and she could easily say much more and do much less.  She is probably the most consistent reader of this blog and most definitely the most regular commentator (I don't write for other people, but when it's published, it's nice to have the affirmation).

My mama has encouraged me to grow in my faith and encouraged me to grow in all areas of life.  She has shown me what unconditional love looks like as she lives her life loving everyone around her, even the ones that are hard to love.  She has taught me how to make some pretty fantastic cookies (albeit, they're never quite as good as hers).  She has shown me the importance of being motivated by God, and not being motivated by people.  She has shown me what it means to live out the fruits of the spirit.  She has lived the joy of Jesus, even when she is in hard circumstances.  She demonstrates restraint and self-control in ways that I don't know I will ever be able to manage.  She is faithful and gentle.

My mama is not perfect.  But she seems pretty close to me.  Thanks, Mama, for all you do!  One day of gratitude a year is not enough for you!  I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment