Monday, September 1, 2014

Potatoes

Suffering from a lack of inspiration, I asked a friend from high school to give me a random object to blog about.  The word I was given was "potato."  To be completely honest, I have no idea where this blog is going to end up, but at least there will be a blog post.

Potatoes are a very amazing food.  You can boil 'em, mash 'em, or stick 'em in a stew.

However, as it is very clear in this video, that is only one side of the story.  Smeagol does not share the same opinion of potatoes as Sam or myself.  Smeagol might be right about potatoes.  They are relatively starchy compared to a lot of other plants.  Some people might not like the taste of potatoes.  But in the end, it really just depends on the opinion of the person whether or not they like or dislike potatoes.

There is much in this world that is based on opinion.  There are also many facts in this world.  We have to choose which things we are going to believe and where we want our opinions to be.  That reminds me of a Bible verse.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”
Joshua 24:15

Today, I choose to like potatoes and to serve the Lord. 


No comments:

Post a Comment