Monday, September 22, 2014

Learning New Things

I'm going to be quite brief for this blog.  I'm tired.  Also, I have an exam approaching.

Now before you wonder why in the world I would post this video here, let me explain.
1.)  I like to watch Ted talks when I take breaks from studying.
2.)  Having learned to speak a second language when I was 13, I know how hard it can be.  I also feel like I used some of these methods without knowing it when I was in the process of learning.
3.)  The principles and main ideas in this video apply to much more than learning a language.

The speaker suggests listening to and using the language at every opportunity.  What if we listened to God at every opportunity?

The speaker recommends getting a "language parent."  What would happen if you got yourself a Christian accountability partner or mentor?

I found these parallels interesting, and know there are others, but my Chemistry and Biology books are calling my name, so....what parallels do you see??

No comments:

Post a Comment