Saturday, November 7, 2015

Finding a New Perspective

I recently stumbled across a some cool photo opportunities.

There is something interesting here.  Both of these pictures are of the same area.  In fact, I was standing in the exact same place for both pictures.  But for one of them, I chose to look up.  I then put the photo in sepia and added a spotlight effect to draw your focus to the most attractive part of the photo.

 In this picture, I made it black and white and did some cropping as well as some adjustment of the lighting.  Again, I was standing in the same exact spot for both of these photos.

In the first one here, you see the sun shining through the leaves.  In the other, you see the same thing, but the big white spot of light (the sun) is distracting and the colors are not nearly as vibrant because the shadows because of the light is making them appear darker because of where I'm standing in relationship to the source of the light. The leaves are casting shadows on each other from this perspective.  I had to move where I was standing to capture the true and most beautiful effect of the sun shining through the trees.
























All of this is pretty cool to me.  There is beauty everywhere, which can be seen in a lot of these photos.  However, all of that depends on your perspective and your lighting.  This has made me think about my perspective on life.  Do I need to move to experience something in a better and beautiful way?  What is my source of light? Am I letting Him shine in all areas of my life or am I casting a shadow on some parts?  Do I just need to look up and focus on the right thing?

Because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you to himself.  All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.  Therefore we do not lose heart.  Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.  
2 Corinthians 4: 14-18

Living in Reckless Abandonment for Jesucristo,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment