Monday, November 3, 2014

My Window

I'm not the greatest at poetry, but I spontaneously wrote a poem while avoiding homework and decided to share this unrevised work with you as it is close to the time of week when I blog, and it has some nice parallels.

My Window

During the day, my window is broken.
During the day, my window is cracked.
It is ugly.
Grotesque and hideous, it hides the outdoors from my eyes.
I cannot see the trees through my window.
What good is a window through which one cannot see?
It has no purpose.
You cannot see the beauty beyond.
Twilight comes.
The sun begins to set.
Daylight flares through the cracked pane.
Sunshine streaks the window, illuminating every flaw.
Suddenly, unexpectedly, there is beauty in every blemish.
A spider web of light is refracted throughout the expanse of plasic.
The luminescent design spills into the room.
This beauty is not new.
The beauty always was.
'Twas invisible.
'Twas disguised as something ugly.
But really, the sun has shown me something that always was.
The sun has shown me perfect and unquestionable artistry.
The rays burst through the plastic.
The tree's leaves now glow outside.
I see the beauty outside.
I see the beauty of my window.
The plastic's formerly horrid pattern is cast upon the floor in an alluring splash of daylight.
The beauty shines about the room.
I stand in awe.
My window.
Fractured and Phenomenally Beautiful.



I have one window in my room.  The bottom pane is cracked and flawed.  While studying around dusk today, I turned and looked at my window (not through the window, as I was level with the bottom pane and it's not the clearest thing to look through because of its cracks).  The bottom pane has been cracked since I moved in.  I never really took the time to notice my window, because I just tried to not look through the bottom pane.  However, today, I had my curtains open and was amazed at the power of the sun/son.  He took the gross-looking window pane/pain and turned it into something that was not only beautiful, but could cast an entirely new and more elegant pattern of light throughout the room.  Because that window pane is cracked, it is weaker than the other window panes.  But it can do something that the other two sections of my window can't .  It shows the Son's power and light in ways that I never would have expected.

Living in Reckless Abandonment for Jesucristo,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment