Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The End? Or Just the Beginning?

The last Spring Break of my high school career is coming up.  This has a lot of meaning behind it.  It means that I'm nearly eighteen years old.  It means my high school career is coming to an end.  It means that soon I need to know where I am going to go after high school.  It means more responsibility and pressure than I've ever felt will fall on my shoulders soon. This Spring Break, although offering a break in the day-to-day chaos, means the end of many things.  I'm not going to college with any of my friends from high school, so it means the end of many of my high school friendships.  These are all relatively sad things.  But there is hope.

With my last Spring Break of my high school career coming up, it means that my high school career is coming to an end.  But it means that I'm getting closer to college.  It means I'm closer to bigger and better things.  Not only am I close to ends, I'm close to new beginnings.  I will have more responsibilities, but I will use these to learn to trust God more.  The ends of my current friendships mean the beginnings of new friendships.  It means the beginning of learning new things.

Sometimes change hurts.  Trusting God is scary.  Believing that He will take care of me through these new challenges is hard.  But, even though I'm turning eighteen soon, I will try to have the faith of a child.  Not blindly trusting, but attempting to follow Him with a humble spirit.

And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18:3

Written in Reckless Abandonment para Jesucristo, Thanks for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment