Thursday, February 21, 2013

Plans

On Monday I went on my first college visit and it was pretty nice.  I was able to sit in on a class and eat lunch there.  It was a very good use of my day and will hopefully better enable me to choose where I would like to spend the next four years of my life after high school.  I come from a relatively small community, and would like to have smaller classes in college, so I'm trying to find a private school where I will be fully equipped to attend medical school after I graduate.

I'm not sure how it will all work out, but I know it will, because it is all in God's hands.  He has the power to take care of everything, to open doors that I can't open, and to prepare me for HUGE things.  I believe that He has huge plans for everyone.  He tells us this in Jeremiah 29:11. (I know I've already used this verse, but it is one of my favorites.)

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
Jeremiah 29:11

I think that this is a very important fact to remember as we all go through life.  At my age, it might be about college, or whatever you want to do with your life after high school.  It might have to do with whether of not you're going to start a family or get married.  This verse is applicable to everyone.  This verse is applicable at all times, for any storm or trial your going through.  God does not test you.  He let's you be tested, by the devil.  God knows that you can make it and He won't let you be tested more than you can handle.  He'll get you through it, and when the storm is over and you look at the debris and rebuild, you'll rebuild stronger.  You'll come out of the test stronger than when you went in, because God doesn't doesn't let you be tested for no reason, He let's you be tested so that you can praise Him in the storm.

I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from?  My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.  He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber;  indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.  The LORD watches over you-- the LORD is your shade at your right hand;  the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.  The LORD will keep you from all harm-- he will watch over your life;  the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
Psalm 121:1-8 (NIV)
I had this written on Wednesday, but I forgot to post!  Sorry!  Here it is now!

No comments:

Post a Comment