Sunday, July 13, 2014

Wonderfully Whacky Stupendously Strange Staff

As I have mentioned for a few blog posts, I work at a summer camp.  I really do love my job and I have told everyone why.  One of the reasons why I love my job was "Staff Friends," which I would like to elaborate on in this post (Plus, I asked one of the staffers for a title of a blog and am writing from the title that I was given).

As humans we crave time with other humans.  We are designed by God in this way.  Remember in Genesis, after God created Adam he realized that Adam shouldn't be alone, and so Eve was made.  Because of this, we all need friends.  We are to depend on God, but God wants us to have fellowship with other humans, especially other followers of Christ.  We are called to be one body.  We are called to serve God by working together with others. 

I am part of camp staff.  I am part of something bigger than myself.  This year, our program director has repeatedly reiterated that we are all a team.  We are all buddies that should be looking out for each other.  Not only should camp staff look out for each other, Christians should look out for each other.  We should help each other when we see each other struggling.  I am a follower of Christ.  I am part of something much bigger than myself.  All around the world, I have a family that is known as the body of Christ and I know that we can all depend on each other through prayer, faith, and fellowship.

As you rush through life with a smile pasted onto your face, remember that you are surrounded by people who are your brothers and sisters in Christ.  Remember that you have the Holy Spirit with you.  Remember that God wants you to depend on Him and on other humans.  Remember.

For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function,so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
Romans 12:4-5

At camp, even as an area director in charge of an area I depend on the people in my area and the other people in other areas for camp to run smoothly.  In the same way, we need to work together as one body in Christ.  Use your gifts.  Share your talents.  Amaze yourself at the wonders you can achieve with the rest of the members in the body of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment