Monday, June 2, 2014

Goals

This past school year I was a peer tutor at my school.  Each day I would go to the elementary school and work with in a student in a classroom there.  In addition to that, we also had to write weekly journals about a given prompt.  As I am currently relatively preoccupied with other nonsense, today I will share one of my Peer Tutoring Journals.  It was assigned in the first back after Christmas break, and the prompt had to do with new years resolutions and self-evaluation. Here you are:

In my room, I have a lot of lists and charts hanging on my walls, doors, dresser, bed, and desk.  These charts and lists help keep me organized.  I have things that I need to remember, tasks that I need to perform, and facts I want to memorize.  I also have my life goals posted on my door.  I have a plan for my life, make me driven, motivated and goal oriented.  For the most part this is a good thing.  However, there are times when I become so focuses on my goals that I forget to enjoy the journey.  I forget to take time to spend with friends that I'll have in my life for a limited amount of time.

While in the journey of seeking goals, I forget to keep my life centered on God.  I forget that the whole reason to pursue my goal is to honor Him.  I forget that I should really e seeking Him first, not my goal.  I forget that my sole purpose for living should be Him, and nothing else.

Honestly, each year I think about how I can improve myself.  Each year I come to a similar conclusion.  I come to the conclusion that if I make sure God is the center of my life, everything else will fall into place.  This year, and for the rest of my life, I want to remember to seek first the Kingdom of God and that spending time with friends is better than doing physics.

Brief sidenote written today: the mention of friends being better than physics is a different story that I might share someday.  However, today is not that day.

Living in Reckless Abandonment for Jesucristo, 
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment